Pages - Menu

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Review | The Face Shop Blackhead Out Aloe Nose Strip

OK GUYS! So I know nose strips aren't the most sustainable way of removing blackheads, but I was itching for instant satisfaction of looking at a used pore strip with all the nasty gunk on it. Hence I decided to give The Face Shop's "Blackhead Out Aloe Nose Strip" a try.



Official Claims:
• removes blackheads and whiteheads
• absorbs oil/sebum deep within pores
• minimizes pores for a smoother nose

nose strip applied all snug!
Application:
• peel off the adhesive
• apply on an EXTREMELY WET & clean nose
• wait 15-20 min
• peel off the nose strip


First Impression:
• unpleasant smell
 adhered well to my nose, as it took quite some effort to peel it off
 pain was minimal even though it pulled at my skin during removal
• upon looking at the strip, only few blackheads were pulled out  (I know it's difficult to see against the light colour but it definitely didn't suffice)

Effectiveness:
• doesn't deep cleanse - blackheads underneath the superficial layer of skin remain
• pulled out more nose fuzz than sebum
• the only plus was that my nose was smooth and moisturized with little irritation afterwards!

Cost: 7 for $6 CAD

In terms of blackhead removal, I'll stick to exfoliating masks as they don't enlarge pores as much as nose strips. However, due to such dissatisfaction, I'm open to trying a better blackhead removal strip when I have this impulse again. Are there any good products that are better than this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment